Friday, May 2, 2008

Sun and Gray [05.02.08]

Barely a breeze blows. The robins continue their singing, refreshed from the spring shower. The daffodils raise up their sunny faces thanking the heavens for the fallen rain. She walks passed them, her eyes resting on nothing.

She has decisions to make but she still feels she is lacking any guidance. She doesn't want to make these decision alone. Those who she would respect their opinion stay silent--perhaps out of wisdom, knowing better what she needs than she herself. Those who are ready to give advice throw it out carelessly, and it doesn't fit so she rejects it.


She prays the words of David in the psalms--

Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord;
Point out the right road for me to follow.
Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you.[25:4-5]


O Lord, you are my rock of safety.
Please help me; don't refuse to answer me.
For if you are silent,
I might as well give up and die.[28:1]


My heart has heard you say, "come and talk with me"
And my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."[27:8]


Looking around her she sees the sun shining down while gray clouds still surround. What does it mean for her?

No comments: