Friday, August 15, 2008

Nothing but God's Will

Her soul feels waterlogged. Days and months of raining. So numb to it she's grown, she barely feels a drop. Her hair hangs limp, clinging to her face and neck. The horizon is not so dark today as it has been, and the rain does not feel so oppressive--yet it is still rain. A little is loved, a lot is loathed by most. Yet she sits un-judging of her situation. She knows it's the building block for her blessed tomorrow, no matter how it looks today. So let it rain so long as I don't drown. For the Lord will bless me for I am His own.




"In the center of the circle
of the will of God I stand:
There can come no second causes,
All must come from His dear hand.
All is well! for it's my Father
Who my life has planned.

Shall I pass through waves of sorrow?
Then I know it will be best;
Though I cannot tell the reason,
I can trust, and so am blest.
God is love, and God is faithful.
So in perfect Peace I rest.

With the shade and with the sunshine,
With the joy and with the pain,
Lord I trust you! both are needed,
Each Your wayward child to train,
Earthly loss, if we will know it,
Often means our heavely gain.
I. G. W."

--And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him. Romans 8:28 --

No comments: