Friday, March 21, 2008

.:A Clean Heart:.

Just a passing thought


Imagine with me. Someone you care about is coming to visit, but when you look around you see that you have let the space around you become cluttered and dirty. You admire this person greatly and respect them--do you leave the space a mess? Or do you show them how much you care about them and want them to be comfortable in your place, so you are motivated to clean up the clutter?

You clean up the clutter.

Why then are we so unwilling to clean up the clutter in our hearts to prepare it for our loving savior?

And even beyond that, we are not left alone to deal with the "mess" in our hearts, Our Honored Guest, our Lord will clean our heart for us, given that we are willing to let the cleaning take place.

Psalm 51
10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

No comments: