Friday, March 28, 2008

The Mightiest of Man's Walls Have Weakness Within

The sad song of the loon carries across the fog ridden shore, there is peace, but it doesn't feel like it's her's anymore.
The waves lap up quietly upon the sand, but yet their motion too strong against her for her to stand. Exhaustion is catching up with her on her way, no longer can she pretend to never move or sway. For even the mightiest of mans walls have weakness within, hers is her human propensity to sin. Also she sees that often she takes her eyes from him who gives her all there is and the very life she lives. So, at the closing of this day she finds herself surrounded with the waves but turns her eyes, not a moment to soon, back from what surrounds to her father and prays;

"I surrender my will to you, Lord. Take me as I am. Lord without you, no matter what I do--I will never be able to stand. I see you, I love you, yet often I forget--you are my author, my sustainer, and should I just always remember to walk in your way--I will never once Lord, have a regret. Now Father, I shall cry to wash away the regret within--Lord, please forgive me of my doubting, my sin! Amen."

No comments: